Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dear March, Goodbye

You gave me hope, relief from
Winter’s frigid grip
your warming smile, if rare, a
welcome haven.

But rain, snow – then bright sunny sky;
Mother Nature’s hormones gone awry –
make up your God-Damned Mind.

Your thirty-one day flow left me
laughing, sweating
then poured a chill down my spine.

You were born from a torn alliance
between February and April; can't
commit to one without forsaking the other
and I, the edge of a that frozen blade –
you slipped off whenever it got confusing . . .
you’re unbalanced by nature, I know that now.

I lied to myself that I could use you,
a stepping stone,
a more gentle hardship between seasons;
the promise of glorious springs, fulfilled.

But I was the fool stepped on,
mud-soaked and cut by broken ice,
flooded by muck and gray misty days;
clouding my judgment – a penumbrous joy.

How could I have been so stupid, and you
so, so cold –
where are the flowers you promised me?

3 comments:

GUD Magazine said...

Hah, fun. I think it needs some more TLC, but maybe with a different set of eyes.

Mine aren't very good at the moment, though.

-kaolin

Sal Coraccio said...

welcome back home - and thanks for the clicky.

this thing has had so much love I'm starting to get splinters. Heh, mebbe I need better eyes, too!

Bookish in Bushwick said...

Hello! I'm a little embarassed that you stumbled onto my blog. =) Nice to meet you.